Our mission is to provide accessible, trusted and compassionate care that enhances quality of life for aging adults. Our Vision is to be the region’s trusted partner and recognized leader for successful aging services. We have been a pillar in the community since 1959 and continue to be one of the largest publicly owned Communities of our kind in the state. . Are you looking for a rewarding position where you will make a positive impact on the lives of others? Join a career that loves you back!
• Grand Traverse Pavilions is seeking a motivated, On-Call Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Variety of shifts and hours available.
• $2.00/hour for working afternoon and midnight shifts.
• $1.00/hour for working Saturday and Sunday shifts.
• $2.35/hour Essential Worker Bonus.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
• All employees must demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
• Responsible for maintaining and supervising the quality of nursing care on the assigned shift.
• Responsible for organizing own work effectively and assisting the Nurse Aides organize their work.
• Make resident rounds initially and regularly throughout the shift being aware of total resident needs, change in condition, safety, staff members performance, and that physician orders are followed.
• Provide resident care as assigned.
• Assure that medical record documentation is complete by the end of the shift as per established procedures, e.g. medical charting, monthly charting, charting as needed.
• Keep care plans current according to condition changes.
Participate in interdisciplinary care planning and conferences and document planning and conferences in the clinical record as directed.
• Assure that residents are fed meals for the assigned shift. Survey resident food intake for said shift and provide supplements as recommended by the dietitian. Monitor that nourishments are given on time and recorded.
• Notify guardian or next of kin of resident condition changes or incidents.
• Administer and document regularly scheduled and PRN medications, and treatments and response, controlled drug accountability, order medications, return unused medications to pharmacy for disposal and charge for stock medications according to procedure. Direct and perform and record procedures, treatments and response and complete charging procedures as required.
• Initiate and monitor I.V. therapy, oxygen therapy, and naso-gastric tube insertion and feeding upon physician orders and procedure.
• Report suspected infections to the Infection Control Coordinator, physician, and document on appropriate reporting forms.
• Actively participates in quality assurance monitoring and corrective actions.
• Perform tasks as assigned.
Reasons to work for us:
• Referral Program
• Onsite Employee only Child Care
• Onsite Gym Access
• Covered Parking
• Employee Assistance Programs
Grand Traverse Pavilions appreciates your interest in our organization. A clear understanding of your background and work history will aid us in evaluating you for a position which, in our judgment, best meets your qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Grand Traverse Pavilions is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability marital status, veteran status, height, weight, or any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities Under Michigan Law. Applicants have 182 days from the date they know or should know an accommodation is needed to submit a written request for such an accommodation. If you need an accommodation, submit your written request to Human Resources at Grand Traverse Pavilions.