Our mission is to provide accessible, trusted and compassionate care that enhances quality of life for aging adults. Our Vision is to be the region’s trusted partner and recognized leader for successful aging services. We have been a pillar in the community since 1959 and continue to be one of the largest publicly owned Communities of our kind in the state. Are you looking for a rewarding position where you will make a positive impact on the lives of others? Join a career that loves you back!
• Grand Traverse Pavilions is seeking a motivated, part-time (PM shift) Universal Worker to join our team and work in our main building.
• The starting wage for this position is $14.70/hour.
• $2.00/hour for working afternoon and midnight shifts.
• $1.00/hour for working Saturday and Sunday shifts.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
• All employees must demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
• Provide stand-by assist for resident transfers (on/off toilet, in/out bed, in/out chair, etc.)
• Communicate residents’ needs and health status to Supervisor verbally and in writing.
• Assist residents with transport to and from meals, bathroom, activities, and appointments.
• Assist with all aspects of meal service including taking food orders, delivery of food, and providing hands-on management/encouragement of nutritional intake.
• Provide daily housekeeping of resident and common areas including dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and changing bed linens.
• Launder, fold, and deliver personal clothing to resident apartments.
Reasons to work for us:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Health Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Retirement Plan with 5% employer contribution
• Referral Program
• Longevity Bonus
• On-site Employee only Child Care
• On-site Gym Access
• Covered Parking
• Employee Assistance Program
Grand Traverse Pavilions appreciates your interest in our organization. A clear understanding of your background and work history will aid us in evaluating you for a position which, in our judgment, best meets your qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Grand Traverse Pavilions is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability marital status, veteran status, height, weight, or any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities Under Michigan Law. Applicants have 182 days from the date they know or should know an accommodation is needed to submit a written request for such an accommodation. If you need an accommodation, submit your written request to Human Resources at Grand Traverse Pavilions.